Old 11-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Snowdrops

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:

I've got 'The new Small Garden' by C.E. Lucas-Phillips, published in
1979.
He says no garden should 'omit fruit' and then says that the first thing
to plan when planning a small garden is to decided where you will put
"greenhouse and frames, the tool-shed, compost bins, bonfire and perhaps
chicken house"
He obviously never envisaged some of the gardens that people round here
find acceptable AND pay good money for!!

Think 3-D:

Upright frames against the shed. Greenhouse on top of the shed. 40 gall
steel drum for a bonfire/incinerator, or just a ring of weldmesh or
expanded metal, small roosting box in shed with tools below it, Chicken
run on the side.

I'm sure you can find room for compost bins, or do as I do - pile it all
on a square of garden for a year, use that bit next year for marrow,
squashes, pumpkins etc.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/