Old 11-01-2004, 08:32 PM
shazzbat

Default Whats eating my veggies?

"Frogleg" wrote in message
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 20:20:22 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

SNIP
Don't go away. While I'm familiar with Calif, having lived in the SF
Bay area for many years and traveled (and skied) some, it was
interesting to nail down the absolute stats. And you don't learn if
you don't ask. The OP mentioned several "cool weather" crops which
are probably quite appropriate for the SF area in January. Although
it's hard to generalize -- a lot of 'micro-climates' in the region.
Ex: I remember driving from west from Palo Alto on an sunny, hot (85F)
summer day, over the hills, and to the beach. As I descended on the
Pacific side of the hills, the temperature dropped, it was foggy and
about 55F at the beach, and I sat on the sand for a shivering 15
minutes before driving back to bask by the apt. pool. :-)

I also sometimes founder around in urg. No one's been nasty to me yet.
^_^

Your allotment looks interesting. How large is it?

Thank you. It is interesting, and fun, at least we think so. Sometimes in
summer we're down there till nearly dark, it beats TV :-))

I haven't measured it properly, but the tenancy document describes it as
0.11 acres and I'm prepared to believe it, even though they all say that
despite being visibly smaller towards the other end of the (tapering) site.

Steve