Old 11-01-2004, 09:48 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Burning Down the Pond

Sounds like you got what we had. Somewhere near us it hit -19*F as the all
time low for our area. We had -5.5*F on our memory thermometer as the
lowest. The snow on the ground during this time has saved a lot of plants,
not to mention my ponds.

We're now up to 34*F today. ~ jan

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:56:50 -0500, "Janet" wrote:

Your temps dropped below 0*F Jan... We have been living through an arctic
air mass with temps of -18*F to -20*F with winchills in the -30* to -40*
mark. Even with my pump going full tilt my stream froze solid. ( I also
had a bell fountain going and it froze solid and cracked with the pump
going... Temps are supposed to rise for the next few days to gasp 32-34*F
so I'm hoping to get some stuff thawed and checked and hopefully back up and
running.
Janet who'll have to remember the leaf screen next fall! ;o)