Old 11-01-2004, 09:51 PM
Robert Flory

Default What I Did This Morning

I've seen post describing plecos swimming upside down and sucking flake off
the surface.

bob
"Dunter Powries" wrote in message
It just occurred to me to ask... The only tanks I have duckweed in are
tanks I do not have pl*cos in. I've never seen pl*cos eating duckweed

and,
frankly, have a hard time visualizing how they would physically position
themselves in order to do so. Does anyone have any direct eyeball-type
evidence of pl*cos eating duckweed?

Carlos wrote in message
theres somewhere in this news group someone who invented a gadget to

kill
duckweed or dispose of it as fast as possible, you can try finding it,
maybe subject is duckweed, i remember somewhere reading about it.

take care.

"Dunter Powries" wrote in message
I spent two hours picking duckweed out of a 30" x 12" x 3" mat of

Riccia
with tweezers and a jewelers loupe while my four-year old ran around

my
legs
tunelessly screaming Christmas songs and my two-year old repeatedly
attempted to immerse himself in the rinse bucket. I HATE duckweed...

and,
at this point, nearly everything else.