Old 11-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Hal

Default Cutting Back Lantana

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:42:25 GMT, animaux wrote:

Azaleas don't grow in this part of the world. I mean, people insist and change
out entire beds of soil to a depth of 3 feet down. Not something I'm willing to
do. Not when I have other great native plants.

I wouldn't do that either! Lantana isn't exactly native, but it sure
attracts butterflies and serves well throughout the summer. I tried
several annuals but they wouldn't make it the full season and I'm not
doing a second planting. Encores bloom three times a year and grow
well in my area, even though they don't get as much butterfly and
hummingbird traffic they stay green in winter and work well for me.

I have a friend that has blue anise sage that is an aggressive grower
for his wife, but I can't seem to get it to grow well for me. I
tried it in a part sun bed and a full sun bed, but it doesn't seem
happy either place. Does it need a wet spot?

Regards,

Hal