Old 12-01-2004, 12:34 AM
animaux

Default Cutting Back Lantana

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:49:00 -0500, Hal opined:

I wouldn't do that either! Lantana isn't exactly native, but it sure
attracts butterflies and serves well throughout the summer. I tried
several annuals but they wouldn't make it the full season and I'm not
doing a second planting. Encores bloom three times a year and grow
well in my area, even though they don't get as much butterfly and
hummingbird traffic they stay green in winter and work well for me.

Lantana is native to where I live.

I have a friend that has blue anise sage that is an aggressive grower
for his wife, but I can't seem to get it to grow well for me. I
tried it in a part sun bed and a full sun bed, but it doesn't seem
happy either place. Does it need a wet spot?

Regards,

Hal