Old 12-01-2004, 04:03 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Snowdrops

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:23:02 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

Will Evans had some advice wot I unforget on a 78 which made my lip
curl, even at the age of seven - "You put the roof on first."

I had two of his monologues - 'Building a Chicken House' and 'Will Evans
Loses His Umbrella'. Two of the unfunniest sketches ever.

He's trying to flog your record
http://www.btinternet.com/~roncobb/oldrecords1.html

Pity the poor sap who buys it then. I had a wind-up gramophone and a few
records. Will Evans was played seldom , mainly when i wanted to gauge
the compatibility of a new fiend.

If new fiend liked Will Evans and not Schubert's Unfinished Sympathy and
Ernest Lough with Mendelssohn's 'hear my prayer' and 'oh for the wings
of a dove', they quickly became acquaintances....

Later, I amassed a collection, mainly of classical music on 78s from
jumble sales.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/