Old 12-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Mogweed

Default Green water

Thanks very much for that Simon. Guess I'll just leave it alone then )

Cheers,

Mogweed.

"Simon Avery" wrote in message
"Mogweed" wrote:

Hello Mogweed

M We haven't installed any sort of filter yet, partly because
M we have nothing (live) in the pond yet and partly because
M we've run out of money. However, the water is getting rather
M green so I was wondering if there are any sort of chemical
M additives I can put in to reverse this and have clear water
M again? Come the spring, I'll probably empty the pond and
M power-wash the liner before installing the plants and a
M filter of some sort, but is there anything I can do until
M then?

Don't replace the water! Tap water will go green. If you leave it
alone it'll clear up by itself (variable time, just be patient) Google
for plenty of info about this, but if you replace the water then
/that/ will bloom because it'll have higher nitrates.