Old 12-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Rhubarb

"Hugh Eaton" wrote in
:

I planted 3 Rhubarb crowns at the end of October. Everybody else's
around me seems to be sprouting but mine is doing nothing. Out of
curiosity i carefully dug one up and it seems to be exactly the same
as when I planted it; it doesn't appear to have rooted and I'm worried
that crown it's just rotting. Any suggestions?

Probably a different variety to everyone elses. I have 2 crowns - one is
shooting vigorously, the other is not yet showing.

The one that's shooting always gives me early stems, and the other takes
its time to get going, but produces larger thicker stems, and goes on later
in the year.

They are planted next to one another, and get exactly the same care (a load
of manure or compost when I remember).

Stick 'em back and check again in March.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall