Old 12-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Sacha

Default Conservatory vine

Jaques d'Alltrades12/1/04 2:52

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

When I were a wee lad, my father brought home a young vine and he had been
told the same thing. We had a large Victorian Conservatory which had a gap
of about 2 inches all round the bottom. He dug a hole on the outside, put a
dead rabbit in the bottom, don't ask, that's what he was told to do, covered
that with some soil and then planted the vine, bringing the vine under the
side walls and then trained it up and under the roof. Masses of leaves, and
quite a bit of fruit, nothing special.

The French advocate a dead donkey. (It supplies slow-release phosphates.)

I thought that was for a fig tree?
snip
--

Sacha