Old 12-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Sacha

Default The Eden Project

Mike12/1/04 1:59

Have you considered the Lost Gardens of Heligan as well/instead?
Guess it may be the wrong time of year, but they are well worth a
visit if you ask me.

Alastair

Yes we have thought about those and we have all the details, but would be
unable to visit both at once. However we go down there 2 or 3 times a year,
we usually have a Trafalgar Dinner there in October, so could visit then.

Where I organise reunions and group holidays for people, I have a nice
'little' collection of details to many attractions :-)) The trouble is I
don't know which to go to next ;-)

If you haven't 'done' Lanhydrock or Cotehele or Castle Drogo, I recommend
all those. But as they're NT check opening dates, days and times. And
Cotehele is only worth visiting on a bright day because there is no
electricity at all. The number of visitors to Cotehele is almost limited,
so if taking a party, check your number can all get in at once.
IF people feel like forking out for the helicopter ride (about £80 return
per person, I think) you could go from Penzance to the Tresco Abbey gardens
in a day - fabulous place. You can lunch on a snack at the gardens,
slightly more substantially at the New Inn and poshly and extremely well at
the Island Hotel. Not to be recommended for those with walking
difficulties, though. Air museum at Yeovilton?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk