Old 12-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Mike

Default The Eden Project

If you haven't 'done' Lanhydrock

Have checked that one out in my new book which arrived yesterday :-)) They
say give it half a day.

or Cotehele

This one I see is limited to 80 to the house at any one time. I had this
problem on one group I took and split the tour/buffet between the groups so
all were catered for. 'Pink Tickest' for one buffet, 'Blue Tickets' for the
other buffet :-)) As long as the staff are aware of waht is happening they
are OK. 3 coaches into the Eden Camp in Yorkshire is fun :-))

or Castle Drogo,

I see that they are not open on a Tuesday which is somewhat important to
bear in mind well in advance!!

I recommend
all those. But as they're NT check opening dates, days and times. And
Cotehele is only worth visiting on a bright day because there is no
electricity at all. The number of visitors to Cotehele is almost limited,
so if taking a party, check your number can all get in at once.

Yes thanks.

IF people feel like forking out for the helicopter ride (about £80 return
per person, I think) you could go from Penzance to the Tresco Abbey

gardens
in a day - fabulous place. You can lunch on a snack at the gardens,
slightly more substantially at the New Inn and poshly and extremely well

at
the Island Hotel. Not to be recommended for those with walking
difficulties, though.

That would add quite a bit to the overall weekend and I would have to be
sure of numbers well in advance, nevertheless many thanks.

Air museum at Yeovilton?

Yes that has been asked for by both the Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force.
The latter I took to York Air Museum in November. Wonderful Remembrance
Service in their Chapel on Remembrance Sunday. 136 into their little chapel
was 'cosy'. (Sorry 139, we had 3 coach drivers)

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Do have parking for a couple of coaches and tea facilities if I include you
on our itinerary ;-)

Mike