Old 12-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Kay Easton

Default Classic Roses

In article , Franz Heymann
writes

"Sacha" wrote in message
. ..
Robert11/1/04 6:36
$kv3

: Peter Beales - 'Classic Roses' ISBN 1 86046 303 7. OK, it's not a new
: book but I didn't buy it first time around and regretted it. : and
readable book that anybody can buy for £12.99.
:
: BTW I like it:-)
:
: And I don't have shares in Postscript or Peter Beales' nursery.
:

I've just ordered a rambler, Kiftsgate from them online

I hope you have some very tall trees and a lot of room for *that* one!

;-)

I have often wanted to grow a Kiftsgate, but have never managed to allocate
space for it. However, Sacha's remark prompts me to mention that I have a
singularly ugly tree (crab apple? bla bla paucifolia?), about 15 ft high by
10 ft wide. Is that suitable as a frame for a Kiftsgate?

It's a bit small!

If not, is there another tough rambler which could inhabit it?

There are plenty. Next door have a Rambling Rector which looks
spectacularly good on our side of the boundary :-)
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: