Old 12-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Alan Connor

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:41:55 +1100, Fran wrote:

"Alan Connor" wrote in message

I know you want to believe that you will be able to go on living much as

you
do after TEOTWAWKI, but that just isn't going to happen.

(snip)
Food -- (snip)
An addiction to animal foods will probably do you in faster than anything
else.

It is just too much work and there will be too many people competing for
what animals there are.

You need to get out into rural surroundings more often

The RATIO of people to large game or domestic animals across the continent
is the important figure here.

Obviously, most of the animals are in rural areas.

And when any one of those areas is flooded with refugees from the cities large
and small, you will see what I am getting at in short order.

It will probably be the last thing you see on Earth.

AC