Old 13-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Alan Connor

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:51:37 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

We can digest parched grass SEEDS, though, commonly known as "grain",

Seeds & plants are two different classes of edibles.

and
the roots are not only nutritious and tasty,

Some are nutritious, some are not, some are toxic, and none are "tasty"
other than plants such as beets, carrots, yams, etc. which are developed
for their roots or other underground edible parts; in a goodly number of
these cases the above-ground portion of the plant is toxic,
non-digestible, and often a combination of the two.

None of the grasses in our locale are like that.

None that we've tried, anyway, and grasses commonly grow in rather large
and obvious patches.

So we need to deal with this before proceeding.

EXACTLY which wild grasses found commonly in North America have poisonous
roots and above-ground parts.

We ARE talking about GRASSES here, and not the other 1800+ species of
wild edible plants found in the U.S. Survival situations.

As for "tasty", that is a purely subjective affair, and no one but a fool
would claim to speak for all of humanity on such matters. The method of
preparation is often the determining factor, obviously.

The rest deleted unseen.

Time to backup your claims above with some real data.

AC