Old 13-01-2004, 12:32 AM
J Fortuna

Default RGO going down the drain?

Before I started posting on RGO I was a lurker for a long time. I found that
the first message or two after de-lurking were very hard to write. I was
very nervous about making a first impression, and not making a fool of
myself. Sometimes I still have second thoughts after hitting the Send
button, wishing I could undo the post. Most of the time I try not to think
of the fact that what I say here is available to anyone, anywhere, and will
be archived for posterity.

I really enjoy being part of this group though, and I have loosened up
considerably. One thing that I appreciate about this group is that
experienced growers treat inexperienced ones with respect and patience here.
I have noticed that there are newsgroups out there where one can get flamed
for asking a question that has been asked before or for asking a question
which someone with many years more experience considers stupid. This group
is not like that.

Lurkers, Come on out!

Joanna

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
nk.net...
Nancy,

Come out, come out, wherever you are! S

Diana

wrote in message
m...
profpam wrote in message

In the years that I have been on this forum, I have meet so many
wonderful people, learned so much about orchids, asked many questions,
answered many questions, and truly enjoy the group.

I am most certain that RGO has an abundance of silent subscribers --
those who are reluctant to ask questions but read all of the posts.
Time is often a valuable commodity, and I am most certain that many
folks peruse the newgroups as they do a newspaper, reading the subject
line and then perhaps reading just the posts that pertain to the
individual. I doubt that people are losing interest in orchids and

RGO.
The AOS article, "Orchid Popularity Still ?GROWING? In U.S.
http://www.orchidweb.org/ tells us "Orchids are second behind
poinsettias, which experienced a three percent decrease with $247
million in sales. . ." This is to say that there is an ever

increasing
potential audience out there for RGO.

Hi all. Guess I'm a lurker. However I've asked a couple of
questions, and made some comments. There must be some lurkers
however, because one of the questions I asked was answered directly to
my e mail account. That individual has not responded to this thread.

Best wishes to all, and yes I've lurked, read, and asked. Wonderful
group.

Thank you all,

Nancy