Old 13-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Cristian Croitoru

Default How to scare away cats.. an answer?

There was a question a while ago he
how to stop cats using the soil around the flowers as litter box?

I have a neighbour with a roaming (!) cat. This cat, for a reason, loves one
particular chairs on my porch and over night takes (I presume) great
pleasure in using it. I like cats but I don't like cats' fur and hairs and
that chair is full of it, regardless how often I clean it. Nothing worked in
convincing the cat to stop using my propriety.

So I modified a water computer with a humidity sensor to use an infrared
light beam barrier as cat detector. a small sprinkler well oriented did the
job, for a few nights I could hear the electrovalve kicking in, a cattish
spitting noise and the sound of the furry thing clearing the space. Worked
like a charm.

So I can see no reason why you can't use a similar solution for your flower
beds..

Good luck