Old 13-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Broomhilda

Default Wind Chimes

Thanx. Found a wonderful source online. The chimes almost sound like they
have an organ in the background.
thank you again.

Pixi alias Broomhilda

"animaux" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:10:53 GMT, "Broomhilda"
opined:

I have heard about a windchime that is sort of tuned???? Don't know what
they are called. Can anyone help me?

Thanks a bunch

Broom Hilda

There are wind chimes which have a certain resonance in their tone. They

aren't
tuned in the way a guitar is tuned, but are placed with other lengths of
whatever the chime is made of to produce a melodic tone in conjunction

with the
other notes of the chimes. The larger the chimes, the deeper the tones.

I made
my own using copper pipe. I used 1.5" pipe cut at different lengths. I

don't
know if mine are "tuned" to be harmonic or not, but they don't sound like

those
annoying tinkly small ones.