Old 13-01-2004, 04:02 PM
torgo

Default new buds forming

I'm outside of Atlanta, zone 7b. We typically have frost until early
March, sometimes with one late bout of snow or freezing rain.

It's way too early for things to be breaking out - the daffodils were
the warning sign. They're already growing strong and about to form
blooms, when they normally don't pop up out of the ground until very
late in the month.

The roses can handle the normal winter here, even with the new buds.
The real threat is precipitation. This far south, we get freezing
rain instead of snow, and it just seems like we're overdue for a
really nasty ice storm.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 06:21:04 -0700, "Tim Tompkins"
wrote:

Depends on where you are located!

When is the last average frost?