Old 13-01-2004, 07:32 PM
Alan Connor

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:55:32 -0500, Peter H wrote:

Alan Connor wrote:

You sound like an animal-product addict that is trying to convince

Actually, I eat *everything* to the chagrin of my waistline - 38 &
should be 35. Don't dislike vegetable material at all - some of my best
friends are turnips & peas, not to mention fiddlehead greens & spinach
tossed w/ mushrooms, oil & garlic. I just think those who rabidly try to
remove the cow from the grass-cow-omnivore chain are fooling themselves
& missing out on some nutritious eating.

Pete H

--
When eating an elephant
take one bite at a time.

The above being a statement that only an animal-food addict would make.

I rest my case :-)

I know a LOT of 'vegans' who have been herbivores for decades, and I'll
bet we are a LOT healthier as a group than you and your animal-food addict
friends.

The last time I went to a doctor was about 1973, and I don't take any
non-recreational drugs EVER.

We are 'vegans' because it is a lot less work and a lot easier on the
environment. The personal health aspect is just a nice bonus.

You didn't go to madcowboy.com, did you?

Wouldn't want to read any science from people not in the pockets of animal-
food addicts, I guess....

I wouldn't tell anyone that a person couldn't be healthy eating just animal
products, so why do you feel the need to tell people that they can't be
healthy eating just plants?

Our teeth and digestive tracts bear a much greater resemblence to those of
herbivores than those of carnivores, so I would actually be able to make a
better case for that falsehood than you for yours....

AC