Old 13-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Was: Moss/Lichen on roof, now we are into pollution.

"IMM" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

So with a large area of Thermolux you might get to 200% more easily than
with other panels?

I forget the figures, but they are much more efficient and generate hot
water at low solar levels.

The figure itself is irrelevant, if it is a figure for "efficiency per
square foot".
Any value, whatever it may be, will, according to you, be able to yield more
power out than is put in, if you employ a large enough area.

Please, please understand that there is no such concept as "efficiency

per
square foot" in either engineering or in physics. Efficiency is usually
simply the ratio between the output power and the input power of a

system.

Output per squ foot then.

That is an entirely different can of fish.

A sq foot of Thermomax is ratio between input and
output,

No. a square foot is not a ratio of any kind whatsoever. It is an area.

which is much more than the input output ratio of a squ foot of flat
panel.

You appear to be trying to say that any given area of Thermomax will yield a
larger power output than the same area of what you call "flat panel". If my
guess is right, I will have no reason to disagree with you.

This means in a given area the Thermoxmax gives me more hot water
per square foot,

Yes.

which mean per square foot of area the Thermomax is more
efficient.

No. The efficiency is not proportional to the area.
If the efficiency per square foot of Thermomax is, let us say, 30% per
square foot, then a setup with, say, 20 square feet, would be 600%, which
would violate the first law of thermodynamics.

This is a moot point.

The mootness will immediately disappear into thin air if you would stop
talking about "efficiency per square foot" and just stick to the shorter
phrase "efficiency", without conjoining the "per square foot".

Franz