Old 13-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Gary Rich

Default Do people still buy orchids on Ebay?

Eric Hunt wrote:
But I will stand by my position that I have the moral authority, if not the
eventual legal one, to ask that people not use the images I produce for
their own profit.

You could move to France. French law actually does contain "Droit
Moral". A few other countries have adopted it as well. It's explicitly
not part of US copyright law. US law is strictly economic in scope.
Sadly, you are probably out of scope even for that, since it protects
"unique" artistic works. You will get no meaningful legal guidance
until some of the various "deep linking" suits percolate to the supreme
court and get a definitive ruling. Until then is just isn't settled law
and just a matter of opinion.

garyr