Old 13-01-2004, 09:13 PM
sam crowell

Default [IBC] '03 award programs

I am pretty certain that I have seen/heard about antique or collectable car
shows with various contests. I know that several I have heard about had
contests for the restorers of a car, judges at least partially on
before/after pictures, difficulty of repair or fabrication, etc. (maybe
this would be an analog of the hobbyist contest). They also had contests
(which I don't understand how they were judged) for best cars in various
categories or vintages - regardless if the owner was the restorer, or an
owner/collector.

Then again, there are "Show and Shine" get-togethers, where people who are
into restoring or collecting vintage cars just get together, show each other
their babies and enjoy a mutual love.

This might be pretty off-topic, but it seems that it at least touches upon
some of the issues that have been mentioned. In this case it appears there
are contests for "best work done by an enthusiast", AND there is judging
done for particularly fine examples or specimens. This isn't a hobby I am
into, but my father-in-law restores early model Fords, and has mentioned
some of the shows and awards several times.

http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy...n.asp?cid=3963

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++