Old 13-01-2004, 10:33 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Tea tree

Hi Nina:
If you find out that the Tea tree is a Fukien Tea, I find that if the
leaves are not thinned out occasionally, the Fukien Tea will start to
drop leaves that are not getting enough light. Sometimes they will also
develop (brownish) dark spots (I suspect a sort of fungus) and leaves
will drop. Fukien Teas are a fickle tree, but even dropping leaves for
no reason, will recover; when I have put them in a closed plastic area
(my infamous ICU), and they will totally recover in about a month.
This, of course, is when they are indoors.

Best regards,

Carl L. Rosner

Nina Shishkoff wrote:

I should be grateful that I'm not just getting crispy juniper questions at the "Bonsai Doctor" page. One thing I've noticed over the last year: I almost get as many queries from England as the US now, almost all from newbies.

Anyway, someone in England has an indoor tea tree with dropping leaves. I have never even SEEN a tea tree, and all I know from you guys is to be very careful repotting them. How do they behave when kept indoors in Northern climes?

Nina Shishkoff

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++