Old 14-01-2004, 03:32 AM
Zach

Default new tank-what am i forgetting?

Hello everyone,

I am about to purchase my 2nd tank this weekend - my first is a lightly
planted 29 gallon - the new one is going to be a 40 breeder. It is going to
be a moderately planted - medium light tank without CO2 for now. I just
want to make sure I have a complete list.

Obviously the tank and stand.
glass top.
AH lighting 2 x 36 with a DIY hood that will allow either another 2 x 36 or
a 96 watt addition down the road.
Eheim 2213 filter
Ebo Jager 150 watt heater.
Flourite for the substrate

Am I correct using the 40 breeder 36x18x17 instead of the 40 long 48x12x17?
I thought the wider tank would allow more of a fish load due to the larger
surface area and the wider bottom would allow better aquascaping
possibilities. I am planning on sticking to anumbias, crypts and perhaps a
few swords for the rear of the tank. Do you think Dwarf Sag. would grow in
the foreground with the above lighting?

Thanks for all your help, and any suggestions are welcome.

Zach