Old 14-01-2004, 06:12 AM
Warren

Default Wind Chimes

madgardener wrote:
Those would be Woodstock windchimes. AWESOME windchimes that are a bit
expensive but of superior quality. I found mine at BookaMillion

bookstore
but sure you might find them online if you try a link g
madgardener who has about NINE of them in various varieties and tones

up on
the ridge, back in Fairy Holler where the fairies appreciate their

music,
overlooking English Mountain in Eastern TEnnessee, zone 7, Sunset zone

36

I used to hate windchimes -- until my late wife introduced me to JW
Stannard windchimes.

I still can't stand those cheap things that sound like glass shards
falling on concrete. They still annoy the crap out of me. But I now have
three different sets of JW Stannard chimes. My favorite are the 72" ones
that sound like church bells in the distance.

I've heard Woodstock chimes as well. They're also very nice. If you
can't find JW Stannard, Woodstock makes nice ones, too. I have a Feng
Shui set that's pretty nice.

And unlike those cheap pieces of crap that pierce the air with their
dissonance, the JW Stannard and Woodstock windchimes have soft tones
that don't carry as far. Of course part of that is because there is no
dissonance, which because of the annoyance factor is noticed more.

I wonder how many others that think they hate windchimes have never
actually heard a decent set, and only have experienced the cheap, crappy
ones.

By the way, Amazon has some Woodstock windchimes in their outdoor decor
department.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...60085/sr%3D1-4"Woodstock

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Spend your Amazon gift certificates he
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/associateshop.html