Old 14-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Graeme

Default Best trays to use in a Propagator?

"jane" wrote in message
I have moved away from peat pots and bought rootrainers instead,
having been recommended to get them by fellow allotment holders, as
the peat pots didn't seem to encourage the deep root runs the beans
and corn liked. I had much better looking plants in the rootrainers,
even after I'd fished them out of the propagator. And because you open
them sideways, the roots aren't damaged when you plant out. And a pack
of the things fits perfectly in my propagator!

Thanks - next time I am at B&Q this week I will see if they have any in.
Are they generally in a complete tray, or is each cell separate to the rest?
Because if I have a tray of say 10-20 cells, and they start coming up at
different times, then I won't be able to remove them from the propagator
individually (I would have to remove the whole tray).

Although, if anything they should all come though at around the same time
maybe (if they are the same type of seed of course).

Graeme