Old 14-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Martin Field

Default Stump Removal

You can hire stump grinders but unless you are VERY confident and STRONG,
don't! They are big, heavy and very dangerous - basically a massive
circular saw that cuts the crap out of the stump - it can give you quite a
kick back if you aren't experienced.

"Loosecannon" wrote in message
u...
I guess it depends on whether the tree that is cut likes to coppice. Gums
are particularly bad sending up new sappy growth.

I am not to 100% sure but I think it maybe possible to hire a stump

grinder.

Anyways good luck.

Richard

"Wanda Too" wrote in message
Will be having an old tree removed from my backyard sometime in the next

few
weeks. The tree surgeon doesn't remove stumps, so there will be a 2'

stump
left in my backyard. Is it possible to remove the stumps of older trees?

How
difficult and expensive is it?

I suppose I could always use it to put a bird bath on top of.