Old 14-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Susan Erickson

Default My new orchids!

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:47:56 GMT, "White Monkey"
wrote:

Hi folks,

I have picked
up a paph that was only labeled "USA hybrid" but is absolutely gorgeous, for
about $20 (one flower, two "new plants" starting) and my first orchid that I
actually know kind-of-fully what it is--an Oncidium Sharry Baby, nearly done
blooming, but does still smell like chocolate and was about $10. Purple.

The Paph should bloom on each new growth. But, that means one
bloom cycle a year.

Onc. Sharry Baby can bloom more often. If it gets enough light,
it will grow new pbulbs any time of the year and bloom on every
new growth. So with good light you should get at least 2 bloom
sprays a year.

Do these sound like good deals (like I care--I just like the plants)? Also,
about how long is it between flowerings on these fellows, generally
speaking?

Thanks,

Katrina

Congratulations on your Citizenship. You celebrated well.
Those plants should be fun.
SuE