Old 14-01-2004, 06:02 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default Sugarless tomato catsup recipe

Bill Canaday wrote:

Who has one?

My wife and I are using (and liking) the Atkins diet and are looking for a
way to make homemade catsup sans added sugar.

We are also planning on growing stevia this year. Does anyone have growing
/ useage tips?

Bill

You could use a standard recipe for catsup and omit the sugar (make a
small batch first and see how you like the taste or use an artificial
sweetner if that has already proven to be ok for you.

http://www.recipesource.com/side-dis...2/rec0215.html

Search for catsup & Ketchup -- there are dozens of recipes there,
though none explicitly say sugar-free. They could be modified, or give
you ideas for a flavor variant.
http://www.recipesource.com/

I am thinking of doing this myself-- no sugar no sweetner, maybe with
some horseradish to make it spicier(like a chili sauce). I am a
Ketchupaholic since childhood, when I used to make an occasional
ketchup sandwiches.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener