Old 14-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Philip Lewis

Default Wind Chimes--respectful neighbors

writes:
at 11:30 at night it is easier to do what has to be done
than to ask permission

and easier still to just take the chimes down and lay them on the
ground where they won't ring. Then talking to your neighbors the next
day.

We have windchimes, but of the tuned and fairly long (ie low notes) type.

For me, they help mask the more unpleasant noises of the neighborhood.

I've asked my immediate neighbors and told them to let me know if it
bothers them. (Mind you, if the one who lets her dogs yap at all hours
(including 4 in the mourning (sic)) tells me, i'll have a counter
offer ready.

I *have* silenced them on particularly windy nights. (banded or taken down)

and no, paghat, we don't have drug dealing teenagers, or live in a
trailer.

--
be safe.
flip