Old 14-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Snogoose

Default Screening Plants and Climbing Plants

Perhaps the name of the purple vine is Petrea volubilis, aka Purple wreath
vine? I planted one just a week before Christmas and it is growing very
quickly. I am in SE Qld.
For picture do a Google Image search of Petrea volubilis. Regards, Sno

"scott" wrote in message
My next door neighbours have decided to extend upward and outward and
has now built a monstrosity next door which overlook into my backyard.
They have also built a new garage with tin roof and plain unpainted
rendered walls.

I know it would be impossible to plant anything that will successfully
screen out a second storey (although I was thinking of maybe planting
some pittosporum along the fence to provide some privacy).

My main problem is that I have an open deck that accesses to my garden,
which now looks straight into their garage. I was thinking of using a
trellis and growing some climbing plants to hide next door's plain
unpainted rendered garage wall. I have noticed some lovely climbers
with bright mauve / purple flowers and was wondering if anyone can help
with the name of this particular climbing plant? Also, how do they look
during Autumn/Winter?

Any other recommendations for screening plants and climbers will be much
appreciated.

I live in Melbourne, Victoria.

Thanks in advance....