Old 14-01-2004, 09:53 PM
Eric Schreiber

Default What Can I Legally Say?

(Nsty N8) wrote:

What can I say or write without getting myself sued.

In addition to my other comments, you have the option of posting
anonymously, for example via Google using a throw-away Hotmail
account. You can still be tracked down via IP address, but doing so
requires a good amount of technical expertise, and possibly the
co-operation of one or more ISPs - in other words, it puts an up-front
burden on the company to even attempt the lawsuit, which will stop the
less rabid sorts from pursuing it.

On the other hand, comments made by anonymous posters, unless they're
well-established and respected in a group by some screen name, are
less likely to be taken seriously by the average group reader. For
example, NetMax is fairly anonymous, but highly respected - anything
he says carries a large level of credibility - whereas a newcomer who
appears to have shown up for no other reason than to gripe would be
largely ignored.

--
www.ericschreiber.com