Old 14-01-2004, 10:03 PM
kev

Default What Can I Legally Say?

On 14 Jan 2004, the world was enlightened by Nsty N8's opinion about...

Hello

I received BAD service from an online plant dealer. The site was
incorrect
about what they had in stock, the plants were shipped 2 weeks late and
they won't respond to my emails or phone calls. I also received melted
plants.

What can I say or write without getting myself sued.

N8

Along with what the others said -

Do you know which state/country the e-tailer resides in? You may want to
try writing to the Better Business Bureau (or equivalent) in that state or
that state's consumer affairs office. Also, does your local newspaper/TV
station(s) have a consumer help line? They can be *very* effective in
getting you a refund or replacement plants. It'll help if you've got
pictures of the melted plants, the tracking history from the shipper and
the online/email confirmation of your order.

hth,

kev

--
Civilization.

An organized system of alternatives to the stone age - CJCherryh