Old 15-01-2004, 02:05 AM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] "Handle bar" branches???

Hey Nic,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicolas Steenhout"
Wondering what path y'all take when you are faced with a tree that likes

throw handle bar branches, or "T", you know, the branches that grow one
accross from the other, and always do. Any particular ideas or approach?
Nic

--------------------

Well, when it is possible, I simply remove one of them. If, however, both
branches are necessary for the design - and removing one will look worse
than keeping both - I make sure that one is significantly shorter than the
other. That way there is less symmetry.

If you're going to remove one, it is of course always best to do so just as
the branches begin to grow, rather than wait until both are large. Less
damage, less dependence on both in the design that way.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.andyrutledge.com/palaver/main.htm
zone 8, Texas

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++