Old 15-01-2004, 06:04 AM
tbell

Default My new orchids!

Absolutely, though two or three might be more appropriate.
Welcome; the U.S. could certainly use as many folks of the orchid
persuasion as possible!
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA, USA
(To reply by e-mail, remove APPENDIX)

From: "J Fortuna"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:59:07 GMT
Subject: My new orchids!

Congratulations Katrina! I too am in the process of changing citizenships
(my US citizenship ceremony is tomorrow). Hmm, should I too buy another
orchid to celebrate? Thanks for the idea.

Joanna

"White Monkey" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I just found out I have been accepted for Dutch citizenship. To celebrate,
although being one of low budget, I headed for the floating flower market,
the nearest location of anyone specializing in orchids at all. I have

picked
up a paph that was only labeled "USA hybrid" but is absolutely gorgeous,

for
about $20 (one flower, two "new plants" starting) and my first orchid that

actually know kind-of-fully what it is--an Oncidium Sharry Baby, nearly

done
blooming, but does still smell like chocolate and was about $10. Purple.

They didn't have one I craved last month but had no excuse to afford; it

was
some sort of very miniature oncidium with spray after spray of coral and
salmon flowers, the whole plant about 6 cm. tall. I wonder what it was.

Do these sound like good deals (like I care--I just like the plants)?

Also,
about how long is it between flowerings on these fellows, generally
speaking?

Thanks,

Katrina

---