Old 15-01-2004, 06:32 AM
martin

Default Was: Moss/Lichen on roof, now we are into pollution.

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:04:37 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

It is the loses at generation and transmission
losses. This can be reduced by having smaller
local power stations, the UK had them, using
natural gas, using CHP to heat the local district.

The indirect transmision losses involved in
shovelling large numbers of loads of small
amounts of fuel to thousands of small power
stations all over the country are vastly greater
than the transmission losses in power cables.

Not if the fuel is in natural gas pipelines.

I thought that the natural gas accessible to the UK was not all that much
any more.

The North sea is still full of it and we also import the stuff from Russia.

The North Sea *was* full of it. It's another finite resource, much of
which is being squandered to heat greenhouses, so that they can grow
things that grow in the open in southern Europe.
--
Martin