Old 15-01-2004, 08:04 AM
Jim Morcombe

Default What Can I Legally Say?

I have looked at the site and at the law suits that have gone on. However,
I fail to see where the costs are involved.

It is true that lawyers have been involved and that legal fees are
horrendous. However, it is Robert Novak who is mentioned as having the
legal fees.

You don't need a lawyer to refute stupid law suits like this one. (Although
the lawyers and the LA Law shows tell you that only an idiot goes to court
without one).

Don't let lawyers scare you into treading lightly.

Just do the right thing and you are safe from law suits.

If someone does the wrong thing in business, he can't use the law to shut
you up. The court fees and the legal fees might become massive, but he will
end up paying them.

Jim

Bob Alston wrote in message

"Eric Schreiber" wrote in message
"Jim Morcombe" wrote:

I'm an Australian, but I assume the same holds true in America.

Probably, but I suspect that America holds the world title for Really
Stupid Lawsuit Abuse. It's damn near the national pastime.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

Before you shoot your mouth off, take a good read at this:

http://petsforum.com/psw/

Regardless of the appropriateness of what you say, a vendor who is unhappy
with what you post can file a suit and cause you to spend money on

attorney
defense. Tread carefully.

--
Bob Alston