Old 15-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Henrik Gistvall

Default [IBC] "Handle bar" branches???

If itīs not possible to remove one of them I suggest you bring one
forward so that the foligae (tertiary branches) hides that this branch
grows from the same height as the other. Another option is to bring one
branch down in an angle and then horisontal, the other one is brought up
and then horisontal. This way the foliage is not at the same level even
if the branches starts that way. This should be done consistently with
the rest of the branches. If you style the tree in a slanting manner
this will look completely natural. The branches that go up and then
horisontal should be on the opposite side of the slant. I hope this make
any sence or I can post a pic on the gallery.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

Nicolas Steenhout wrote:

Wondering what path y'all take when you are faced with a tree that likes to
throw handle bar branches, or "T", you know, the branches that grow one
accross from the other, and always do. Any particular ideas or approach?
Nic - in warm and sunny New Zealand

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

++++Sponsored, in part, by Mark Zimmerman++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++