Old 15-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Orchids Mag

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:36:35 -0500, "Ray"
wrote:

As a pretty thoroughly soused orchidoholic, I try to get my hands on
anything related.

I have been an AOS member for over 20 years, have benefited little beyond
the magazine (which I still want to call the "Bulletin"), and simply don't
worry about whether it's late or not.

On those rare occasions when it never arrived or had a printing fold or
error, I made a phone call and was sent a replacement.

I also get the Orchid Digest, and recently joined the IPA as much to get
their mag as anything. It's an orchid publication...

We have been close to 30 years. I remember when they were
soliciting funds to be able to publish the "Bulletin" in color.
This is such an improvement. Color and photography gets better
and better. Articles, as always, come and go with the 'climate'
in the hobby.

I would not give up Orchid Digest, once I saw the delightful
articles and marvelous photography. Not long ago, they forgot to
mail to the entire state of CO. It seemed that everyone else had
gotten their magazine, but ours were never shipped. When the
error was pointed out, it was reshipped. I often wondered if
some areas received two copies, or if they were able to find the
actual cause and isolate who was missed.

And lately I have wondered if the Aussie magazine might not be a
good idea. As Ray said, you can not have too much about orchids.

SuE