Old 15-01-2004, 03:44 PM
WNeptune

Default dend stardust/phrag besseae

Also the dend was a free keiki. Should I be keeping it dry because of
winter rest of should I water it about once a week thanks for any
advice
Alice
--
alice83

Den Stardust is one of the early miniaturized, nobile type dendrobiums. If
given a drop in temperature in the fall for about two weeks it can then be
grown at any temperature and does not need the intense drying of standard
nobiles. Regardless, you are dealing with a recenly removed keiki, and should
be treating it like a small seedling. I would water and feed it, so as to
minimize as much stress as possible.
I personally do not remove these keikis until after the third new growth, at
which time they are blooming size and have been nurtured by the mother plant
for a prolonged period. You are now going to need to grow it for a prolonged
period before it flowers.