Old 15-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Mary McHugh

Default Composting Office Paper

Max wrote:

"Stephen M. Henning" wrote:

Be careful about what you read. Composting will never remove heavy
metals which are present in the color sections of newspapers and most

--SNIP--

While back, there was a gent who posted calling himself "Jim the
Compost Man." Really knew his stuff, I learned a lot from him.
Wish he was still around! Anyway, he addressed this issue. I
have it saved off and thought I'd re-post it. He addressed
colored paper and soy inks as well.

That was Jim McNelly. Funny, as I was reading this thread I was thinking
about him and would have posted but you beat me to it. His sig used to be
"nature mulches, man composts". Anyhow, I googled him in the groups and you
can find him at www.composter.com.

Scroll to the bottom and click on the Joy of Composting.

Mary