Old 15-01-2004, 05:03 PM
Bob Hobden

Default OT how to stop cross posted messages

"Jay" wrote in message
I hope you don't mind this question here but I would dearly love to
immediately delete the cross posted messages that appear on this

newsgroup.
I use Outlook Express but cannot see how to set up the appropriate rule.

That sounds a good idea Jay until someone crossposts, and I've done it, to
two or three Ng's where the question/answer is relevant and valid on every
one and the topic needs opening up to others beside Gardeners for a better
understanding.

By blocking crossposts you could miss something good.

Although if you were to stop crossposts to ,say, more than five Ng's you
might kill the rubbish without loosing the good stuff. I just ignore the
rubbish (unless I want to draw the troll out from under their bridge).

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
359 data units completed.