Old 15-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Rod

Default Wasps !!!

Arklay wrote:

Found a wasp buzzing around my kitchen today.

Where do you think this has came from ? I thought they would all be dead or
hibernating at this time of year, or whatever wasps do in winter ?

A big one? This would be a queen awoken prematurely from hibernation. Have you
brough something like logs in from outside? We frequently get them in this way
- they hibernate in cold buildings, log piles and similar places. Anyway don't
worry about it wasps are very beneficial predators in the garden and not that
aggressive if you don't mess about around the nest.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html