Old 15-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Gardening charges

"dave" wrote in message
Having read some of the comments about gardeners and what they charge.
I myself since 2000, been self-employed as a gardener, and have
charged by the hour.
But have been losing out on travel time,etc etc and worst of all new
work!As under the hourly rate, I could only fit in 4 jobs per day at
two hours,but with priced work you can improve on that by at least
three jobs,hence your profit margin goes up.
Bear in mind I had charged £15.00 per hour,with 20 years
experience,people soon forget about overheads etc,and quickly put the
phone down when I mentioned my hourly rate,hence lost a potential
customer!
When your self employed,you cannot work for nothing,if people cannot
afford your prices and if your good at your job,then you would'nt have
trouble getting other work.
Price work makes good financial sense!
--

What the guy that works for a number of my neighbours does is charge a
minimum fee of 4 hours, that way he gets two jobs a day, in your case £120,

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
359 data units completed.