Old 16-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Bolero

Default Orchids Mag

Can I ask a question? Where is it written that it has to arrive by a
certain date? I can't find that rule anywhere.

I really don't think it's a big problem but then again I only just
subscribed recently.

I know there are specials in the magazine but does it really matter as long
as you get it?

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
All,

This is my last year of AOS membership. I renewed this past fall mostly so
that I could have a leg to stand on to complain. I've given up on even
that - there's a sense that no one will listen - they do too much navel
gazing down in Florida.

The magazine has consistently been on a level way below what I am

interested
in, and I've had it arrive before the 5th of the month less than 5 times

in
the 3 years I have been a member.

The magazine may look good, but they have no excuse for not getting it out
in a timely fashion, since the magazine staff is PAID, unlike Orchid

Digest,
which is entirely volunteer run. I've said it before - any other magazine

in
the USA with a paid professional staff would have fired the staff if the
magazine was as consistently late as Orchids is.

My $40 will go as a donation towards OrchidDigest's year-end issue for

2004
this year.

-Eric in SF

"Bob Walsh" wrote in message
Just in case some of you are wondering where your January issue of

Orchids
is, they were all mailed on the 9th of Jan. Yours should arrive soon,

mine
too I hope.

Bob