Old 16-01-2004, 01:36 AM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Composting Office Paper

Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:00:14 GMT

(Max) wrote:

"Stephen M. Henning" wrote:
Be careful about what you read. Composting will never remove heavy
metals which are present in the color sections of newspapers and most

Could you tell me how you know there are currently heavy metals in
colored sections of newspapers?

I don't know which papers they are in. I do know that the color inks
with heavy metal pigments are still being made and sold. Nontoxic color
inks are also being made and sold, but they have serious problems with
fading. I don't know the relative quantities at this point in time.
Unless you contact the printer of your local newspaper, you can't be
sure which ink you are getting. Most use some of each.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman