Old 16-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Craig

Default Pond Heaters for Sale

KenCo wrote in message ...
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from (Craig) contains these words:

I have several Coates heaters for sale that have the controls removed
for use as a pond heater. These are 11 kW heaters at 208/230v. Since
there are no controls, a seperate low temperature thermostat and
contactor or a manual switch will be needed to start the unit. They
do contain a flow switch that can be wired into the contactors or
manual switch for safety in case of pump failure. These are brand new
in their original packaging.

Do you really mean kW?

A thousandth of a watt won't accomplish much.... (ITYM KW)

Kw = Kilowatt, 1000 watts

they are 11,000 watts/24 Amps/220V and make 37,500 BTU!
thats enough for a small house

True! If you would like one to heat your 25,000 gallon pool, this
would do nicely as well.

I should explain further though....
These heaters have two elements in them and are designed for 208/240
single phase power. You would have several options. It seems as
though we have a couple EE's here so I am sure they can come up with a
couple of different ways, but potentially you could run half of the
heater on 115v power. This would also allow for a reasonable current
draw for a normal circuit. This larger heater would only need to be
on for a short period of time to increase the water temperature. I
don't think it would be an issue, but you might want to increase the
differential of the thermostat to prevent short cycling of the heater.
Under most circumstances cycling does not adversely affect an
electric heater.

Technically I suppose KW is more appropriate. In industry I see it
written both ways.