Old 16-01-2004, 05:13 AM
Alan Walker

Default [IBC] "Handle bar" branches???

I agree, Jim. Pittosporum (see
http://www.bonsai-bci.com/species/pittosporum.html ) has never seemed to
me to make satisfactory bonsai. At least I've never seen one, and I've
seen a lot of bonsai.
Furthermore, I think that bar branches on a seedling should be a
non-issue. In general, it should be easy to decide to eliminate bar
branches from design, but on seedlings, it should be a no-brainer.
There is nothing invested in the branches to begin with, so elimination
is all the easier. It's more of a test of your design fortitude on some
older materials.
Alan Walker