Old 16-01-2004, 08:47 AM
Amit

Default problem with amazon sword..please help

Anthony,
I had just the same problem with 2 Amazon swords of mine...
Haven't reading the replies of others Here is what I did:
Since the plants were introduced to a well established tank - they were
competing for nutriments....
I have noticed the same problem of your - leaves were losing color - turning
white and than dying off...
1. For each plant use jobes spike - the plant is mostly root feeder (you can
cut them to half and put it on the gravel. (They are excellent resource for
Potassium)
2. Make sure the plants have plenty of space for them selves only.
3. You can also increase the amount of fertilizers + iron.
4. You did not mention anything about CO2 - This might really help here.
5. Make sure the lights reach the plants and not being blocked in the
way....
6. Good luck...
(I can send you some photos of my swords before and after ;-))

Amit
"Anthony Carabello" wrote in message
om...
I have about six very large amazon sword plants in the background of a
heavily planted 65-gallon freshwater aquarium. About two weeks ago, I
noticed that all of the leaves on two of the swordplants were turning
white. These plants have healthy stems,roots and veins and its' only
their leaves that are losing color. The plants receive proper lighting
and fertilization, so I can't understand what the problem is,
especially since the other swords are doing well. Does anyone have any
advice?
Thanks,
Anthony Carabello